What's actually inside the box.
Congratulations on your purchase of the COVER·UP! cover lifter.
We at Coverplay Inc. are sure you will get years of trouble-free use from your new COVER·UP. A number of U.S. patented engineering features make this product the safest and easiest cover lifter available. Please take the time to read the instructions before assembling the COVER·UP, as this should make the task much easier.
Check to be sure that you have each component listed here:
2 -- Horizontal Bars
1 - Spreader Bar 2 -- Pending Arms
2 -- Safety Cables with attached Cabinet Brackets
1 Bag of screws containing 12 long wood screws, 8 short wood-screws and 12 self-tapping screws, (extra screws provided).
Please read the following instructions to familiarize yourself with the components before assembling your COVER·UP.
1) Begin by centering the Spa Cover on the spa.
2) Select the right and left PENDING ARMS and check each VersaMount bracket to assure free rotation. (These will need to be lubricated periodically) Position these brackets on opposing sides of the spa cabinet on the end of the spa from which the cover will be suspended, approximately 7" from the true corner. Decide whether you want to use the cabinet mount or deck mount, then mark the bracket holes for appropriate attachment, making sure they are equidistant from each comer. Pre-drill pilot holes with the 1/8" drill bit to prevent cracking, and attach the brackets with the 6 long screws to the cabinet, or the deck, with just 4 of these screws. If frame wood is unavailable for the cabinet application, a block of wood behind the cabinet skirt for stability works well.
3) Loop one SAFETY CABLE over each of the installed PENDING ARMS.
4) Remove the HORIZONTAL BARS from the box and place the longer ends on the spa cover at the fold, with the short ends suspended.
Adjust the distance to be slightly wider than the spa cover and cabinet, then center the SPREADER BAR over the long ends.
5) Slide the HORIZONTAL BAR ASSEMBLY into the Pending Arms and adjust the distance to be just at the fold of the cover.
6) Check to be sure the Spreader Bar is centered then rotate it to position the holes parallel to the spa cover, facing the end designated for cover storage Using a drill/driver, pre-drill 5/32" pilot holes to install the self-tapping screws ( In this position, the screws won't chafe the cover).
7) Maintaining the measured distances, secure the Pending Arms to the Horizontal Bar Assembly with a drill/driver and the self-tapping screws provided Again, 5/32" pilot holes make this task much easier.
8) Fold the spa cover over the HORIZONTAL ASSEMBLY and carefully suspend it in its desired resting position, just behind the cabinet While maintaining the cover in this position, (an assistant is helpful here), fully extend the SAFETY CABLES to the upper frame of the cabinet, and mark the position of the holes to be drilled When fully extended, the Safety Cables would be parallel to the floor and not interfere with the smooth transition of covering or uncovering the spa.
9) Rest the cover on the spa, (it 's easier to install the brackets), and pre-drill 1/8th" pilot holes to prevent cabinet cracking, then install with the short wood screws provided (over tightening these screws can reduce the free movement of the swivel post, for which it is designed).
Your COVER·UP! cover lift offers adjustable positioning of the stored cover. Locating the VersaMount brackets toward the center of the spa cabinet will store the cover lower...closer to the corner of the cabinet will elevate the cover for more privacy.
If your COVER·UP! is equipped with "Halo" torsion springs and you want the spring to assist in both directions, install the SET SCREW for the spring return after installation is completed.
The COVER·UP! cover lifter is designed to be used with most spas and spa covers manufactured today. If you have a question regarding your application, please contact your COVER·UP! dealer or distributor.
COVER·UP! is not designed for damaged or water permeated covers.
Experienced installers find it simple to attach the PENDING ARMS to the cabinet first, then fully assemble the system into its respective position, allowing for some space on each side of the spa, then carefully stabilizing each section with one tapping screw, then positioning the lifter so as to gain easier access to install the remaining screws.
Remember, to position the safety cables on the pending arms before installing the screws.
The screws in the Spreader Bar must be installed parallel to the cover to avoid abrasion
View the installation video
Please see the Cover Lift Store for pricing and ordering.
|Cover Valet||Cover Genie||Cover Caddy||Rock-It|
|Superlift 2||Ideal Lift||EZ-Lifter||Cover-Up||Cover Keeper|
|Cover Mate I||Cover Mate II||Cover Mate III||Cover Mate Easy||Cover Mate Freestyle|
|HOME PAGE||Cover Lift Store|
|Cover Lifter Configurater|